You want to find the right home, in the right location, at the right price - and you want to do it quickly, with minimum hassle. The best way to do that is to work with a professional realtor who understands your wants and needs, your time frame and your financial boundaries.
- You'll save time.Â I can pinpoint homes that fit your needs and dismiss those that don't.
- You benefit from an experienced negotiator.Â I will manage your offers and counter-offers, ensuring that you get the best possible price for your home.
- You'll get the right information.Â I know the neighbourhood and can give you accurate information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- You can always count on great advice. BecauseÂ IÂ am familiar with the entire home purchasing process,Â I can advise you of your legal and financial options, and recommend appraisal, home inspection and contracting services.
Here are a few questions to ask to help you determine if an agent is right for you:
- Will you be representing my interests?
- Do you have access to MLS information?
- Will you provide market evidence to support the price?
- Will you look after closing and possession details?
- Can you be contacted at any time?
LetÂ me do the searching for you. The best buys aren't in the newspaper ads; most great opportunities are on "hot sheets" that are available every morning to salespeople with access to MLS information.
MyÂ job is to:
- Provide information on the property and the area
- Negotiate a price and terms that are agreeable to both buyer and seller
- Help arrange a source of financing
- Offer a detailed description of your property needs and wants. If you will absolutely not consider a house without a hardwood floor, say so. And if air conditioning is a "nice to have" rather than a "must have," communicate that, too.
- Be specific about where you want to live. If you refuse to live outside a certain area, it might take longer to find you a home, butÂ I will know not to waste your time with anything not in your chosen neighbourhood.
- TellÂ me what you can afford.Â I can help you get a pre-approved mortgage so you know for sure what your price range will be.
- Communicate your likes and dislikes for each property you see. It will help your agent narrow down the possibilities.
- Commit to one salesperson.
- Respect and perform the terms of the purchase agreement.
- Keep an open mind.Â I know about those charming little areas that you've never even heard of. You might find your dream home in a completely unexpected place.